Saturday 4 April 2015

Top 6 Real Techniques brushes





Real techniques are one of my favourite brands of drugstore makeup brushes, and these are just a few of the brushes I use everyday! Just in case you didn't know, Real techniques were designed by professional makeup artists Sam + Nic Chapman and they combine high-tech materials (they're al synthetic) with innovative design to make creating you're makeup look easier than ever! The color-coded system corresponds to the key steps of makeup application so you can create a flawless base, enchanced eyes and the perfect finish and look pixel perfect. The collection is available in Boots and Superdrug and if you're in the states then I'm not entirely sure but you can get them online! if you want to know more then just go to realtechniques.com

Unfortunately, I don't own any of the Bold Metals collection, but i'm sure they're amazing! Please excuse how dirty my brushes are haha!
so here are my top 6-

1. Duo-fiber face brush


Personally, i'm not a big fan of blush, but this brush is super fluffy and soft and because it doesn't pick up too much product, it's perfect for me! Also you could use it for so many things, like bronzer or powder. This brush is available in the Nic's picks set!

2. Cheek brush


Even though it's called the cheek brush, I use this brush for foundation, because it is soo dense and it lightly buffs everything into place and creates a flawless but light finish! Definitely in with my favourites! This is also available in the Nic's picks set!

3. Deluxe crease brush



When it comes to early mornings, I don't really bother with eyeshadow,  but if I do, I chuck on some Clinique chubby stick or a Maybelline colour tattoo, and blend it with this brush and it instantly looks like I've tried! This brush has saved me so many times and it definitely deserved a mention! I think I got this brush in the Starter kit!

4. Angled shadow brush



Also from the Nic's picks set, this brush is fantastic and blending and building eyeshadow in the crease because it fits perfectly! it takes time to get it perfect but it honestly does the job perfectly!

5. Accent brush



This brush is great for creating a more dramatic eye, as it can be used to go over eyeliner, or create more definition in the crease. It's also great for applying eyeshadow on the lower lashline as it's small and dense! This is from the Starter kit aswell!

6. Contour brush



Last but certainly not least is the contour brush. This was one of the first brushes I got for this brand, in the Core collection set, and honestly I can say it's one of my favourites! It's sooo soft and it contours perfectly because it fit right into the hollows of your cheeks with the dome shape. And it can be used for so much, for example, blending concealer, applying blush, and loads more!


I love you<3

Caitlin
xx



1 comment:

  1. great post, you are of to a good start!!
    http://justashootingstar.com

    ReplyDelete